Intellectual property law is one of the main practices of Kozłowski Śmigielska & Partners. From the very beginning, we have been continuously providing legal assistance for a number of companies from the marketing and public relations sectors. This has allowed us to gather in-depth knowledge of existing regulations as well as practical experience in the specific nature of marketing communication services, communications consulting, and public relations.
We provide the following services:
- Providing comprehensive advisory services relating to activities supporting the sales process;
- Advising during the conclusion of contracts for the transfer of intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, licensing rights, and know-how—also in the case of corporate transactions, including demergers, mergers, and acquisitions;
- Supporting radio and television broadcasters in the process of obtaining relevant licenses and in negotiating agreements related to the creation and dissemination of radio and television programmes, as well as the lease of transponders;
- Cooperating with Polish and foreign publishers, both in obtaining the appropriate licenses and in the conclusion of publishing and distribution contracts;
- Carrying out projects for pharmaceutical companies on key aspects of commercial activities being conducted by such entities—the preparation and negotiation of contracts for joint research and clinical research and advice concerning the protection of biotechnology inventions;
- Filing for the registration of trademarks, industrial and utility designs, and geographical designations in cooperation with patent attorneys, both for Poland and the European Union;
- Preparing legal opinions concerning the compliance of technical and business solutions with legal provisions relating to the protection of personal data, database protection, and consumer protection;
- Advising on the legal aspects of conducting business on the Internet, including the conclusion of contracts and the provision of online services, settlements using electronic means of payment, and the dissemination of audiovisual content;
- Preparing and negotiating projects of contracts concerning the implementation of IT solutions and IT outsourcings;
- Carrying out audits of intellectual and industrial property rights; and
- Representing clients in negotiations and proceedings relating to the infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights as well as unfair competition, and in proceedings before the General Inspector of Personal Data Protection.
In providing these services, we draw upon the knowledge and experience gained by our lawyers specialising in other areas of law, in particular: contract law, commercial law, tax law, and public procurement law. As a result, we are able to ensure the comprehensive and individualised legal servicing of entities operating in the media, new technologies and advertising fields, as well as legal support for individual projects carried out by other clients of our law office.